The environment is our priority
To allow greater reliability in our industry, we have all the necessary
certifications to operate in a national and international context.
Cometfer is aware that the success of an economic strategy is also based on a responsible attention to the environmental issues arising from its activities, and is therefore committed to pursuing a policy of continuous improvement of environmental performance, minimizing every negative impact of their activities on the environment, where technically possible and economically sustainable.
In compliance with national and European environmental regulations, COMETFER is authorised to transport and recover non-hazardous waste (the full text of the authorisations is available in the Environment section of this website). Cometfer has also obtained ISO 14001 Certification for its environmental management system, as well as Certifications of Company Compliance with European Regulations REG. CE n.333/2011 and n.715/2013. The range of Certifications available to Cometfer is completed by ISO 9001 and ISO 45001, respectively for the quality of the service provided and for the protection of the health and safety of workers.
Cometfer mean to reach always high aims in environmental aspects through the following actions:
- Making sure that our activities are carried out in compliance with the applicable legislation and any undersigned codes of practice;
- Implementing and maintaining an effective Environmental Management System in line with the requirements of the UNI EN ISO 14001 standard;
- Making every possible effort in terms of organisation, operations and technology to prevent air, water and soil pollution;
- Minimising the consumption of energy and water and the production of waste, recycling whenever possible;
- Making sure that this environmental policy and relative management system are understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the company organisation;
- Ensuring that the system is supported by regular and systematic training activities;
- Defining environmental objectives and targets to be integrated in the operational management of our factories and in company development programmes;
- Making sure that this document is available to the public.